If you are a novice in hair coloring expedition, there are bound to be some mistakes if you do not get the expert tips beforehand. You may color your hair to cover grey or just to add spunk of color to your look, while some of you get it done from a good salon, some of you may do it at home.
Mistakes while executing this process can not only ruin your look for a long time, until the new hair strands replace the old ones; but also destroy your hair permanently.
Below given are some common mistakes that are seen to happen while hair coloring process. We are also providing you with helpful tips that will go a long way in preserving the health of your hair.
Common Coloring Mistakes and how can you avoid them?
- Before dyeing your entire hair do a strand test. Color a strand of your hair and wait for a day to see if you like the color and if the color has any side effects on you. It is better to be safe than sorry and here we are talking about a head full of hair.
- Do not color your hair that is not washed and conditioned. Wash and condition your hair the day before you color. This will remove all the oil and dirt from your hair and that will aid to the dyeing. You also need to detangle and brush your hair well before coloring.
- While you color your hair, there is a risk of getting the dye in your skin especially your ears, forehead, nape, and shoulders. Apply petroleum jelly to all these places before you start coloring and wear an old t-shirt or something that you do not mind soiling. It is also a good idea to wear something with a big neckline. This helps to take-off the clothing without a hassle.
- After you have colored your hair wait for the time mentioned. You cannot hurry the process as the hair color will show its effects only after it has been in place for the allotted time.
- Do not leave the color for too long either as that will affect your hair roots.
- While you wash off your hair, it is not enough to just wash off the color with water. Shampoo the hair well so that your scalp does not have traces of color. Condition well but do not apply the conditioner to your hair roots. The conditioner will lock the moisture in your hair leaving it soft to the touch.
- If you planning on bleaching your hair do not do it on the same day of coloring. In fact wait at least a week after the coloring before you bleach your hair.
Coloring helps to enhance your look; but you must take care of your hair health.
Photo Credit By: katdelunaonline.org