Hair care for your child must start from a very early age rather than starting late in their teens. Hair is a large part of your child’s identity and personality. Even kids want to look great all the time and you will find your child showing interest in the hair often.
For this, it is important to take care for your children’s hair. Not only should you teach them to take care of their hair on their own but also do it yourself from early childhood. The following are some of the easy and effective ways to care for your children’s hair:
- It is very important choose the right hair salon for your kid’s hair -cuts and hair care. There are many hair salons which specialize in giving hair- cuts to children. These are designed in such a way that they make haircuts fun and engaging. They offer video games, toys and fun chairs.
- You can even consider giving your child a home cut. This will also be helpful when your kid is frightened of getting haircuts.
- Washing hair the right way is also highly important for proper hair health and hair care. Make sure you wash your child’s hair with a mild shampoo which doesn’t sting his/her eyes. When they get a bit older, then teach them how to wash hair on their own. If your child is a little older then you can also use a conditioner. Do not put the conditioner on the scalp.
- Detangle your child’s hair before you shampoo and use a wide tooth comb from the bottom to the upper most parts. Detangling is also important so that hair don’t break or don’t cause any pain.
- Encourage your kid to comb or brush hair on his/her own. When hair are wet, then use a comb and not a brush. Hair combing promotes shine and may also minimize hair breakage.
- It is very important to choose the right hair accessories for your child’s hair especially if the child is a girl. Choose good quality pins which do not tangle in your girl’s hair and does not cause breakage. Avoid hairclips with sharp teeth as these can not only hurt the scalp but also cause hair damage. Also, make sure hair are always neatly tied so that it can avoid hair tangling and easy damage. For boys, use the right hair brushes and hair combs.