Going to the parlour for a hot oil treatment will set you back by a good amount of money, whereas you can easily do hot oil treatment at home. All you would require is:
1. 2-3 tablespoons of your favourite oil (depending on the length of your hair and its thickness you may reduce or increase the portion of oil). You can use coconut oil or almond oil. Even olive oil is good for the hair. You may even mix equal quantity of two or three oils to get the benefits of all.
2. A few drops of some essential oil like rosemary or camomile or sandalwood oil.
3. A capsule of vitamin oil
4. A wad of cotton.
5. A bowl in which you will heat the oil.
6. Another bowl filled with water to make a double boiler.
7. A plastic shower cap.
8. A big towel.
Method to do the Hot Oil Treatment
- Warm the oil. For this heat the bowl of water. Now place the bowl with the oil in it into the hot water taking care that the water does not splash into the oil.
- Now add a few drops of essential oil to the oil in bowl. Break a vitamin capsule into the oil too. Mix gently with a stick. Check to see if the oil is warm. Take care not to make the oil hot.
- Now comb your hair and divide the hair into four parts. Now using the cotton wad apply the warm oil to the roots of the hair and to the entire shaft of the hair.
- Massage the scalp and the roots of hair gently and feel the relaxation seep through you.
- Now pile all the hair up or make a bun at the nape of your head and cover your hair with a shower cap. Place a towel dipped in hot water and wrung out over the shower cap. Leave on for a few minutes. Again dip the towel in hot water and wring it out and place it back on the shower cap. Repeat thrice.
- Leave the oil in hair for about two hours. After two hours, shampoo and style as usual.
Hot oil treatment rejuvenates tired and dull looking hair and strengthens the roots of the hair to give you soft, shiny and healthy hair. The hot oil penetrates the scalp and gives hair a lustrous fullness once shampooed.
Photo Credit By: divalikes.com