Hair Spa treatment is usually meant for rejuvenating the hair by nourishing and conditioning it with ingredients or products that help to reverse hair damages. It is more like a “hair rebirth therapy” that boosts the overall health of the hair. Both men and women take the trouble of getting an appointment for hair spa treatments. Especially, you would find women going for such treatments before occasions or parties.
Nowadays, there’s a lot of rush in salons and parlors. You might find it difficult to squeeze out time from your busy schedule. In such cases you can definitely opt for some home remedies to spa your hair. For that you need to know five simple steps to rejuvenate your hair from all damages.
5 Essential Steps fora Hair Spa Treatment at Home
Do you know that the word ‘spa’ has its roots dating back in ancient Greek and Roman civilizations? It generally stood for therapeutic healing bath in mineral-rich spring water. Nowadays it is a way of pampering your hair, massaging your scalp. In order to spa at home you need 5 important things- shampoo and conditioner, hair oil, mask and massage.
- Scalp Massage- At home, warm up some coconut or olive oil and massage your hair and scalp with it. This helps to distribute natural oils in your scalp and hair and increases blood circulation, thereby boosting your hair growth. You can do this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Hair Steam- Use a soft towel and warm water to do this process. Drench the towel with warm water and rinse your hair. Squeeze out the excess water and wrap the towel around your head. The process may take about 5 to 8 minutes. It helps the oil to go deep into the roots of the hair and the scalp.
- Hair Wash- Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair. It is best to wash your hair with normally cold water. Hot water is harmful for hair.
- Apply Conditioner- Once you are done with washing your hair, apply conditioner. You may also use tea leaves or try a paste of beetroot with added hibiscus powder. You can also use a few drops of lime juice. Once done, keep your hair that way for about half an hour and then wash it off, this time without shampoo.
- Hair Oil or Mask- Post washing your hair, this final step is essential to seal the nourishment. You can even make your personal hair spa mask at home. You can use strawberry, milk, honey, banana extracts or eggs to make your personal hair spa cream.
How to Make Your Own Hair Spa Cream?
There are many different ways to make your own masking or spa cream. People use various ingredients to make it. You can mix two eggs in a bowl. Add some honey, milk or coconut oil. Ripe bananas are also used instead of eggs. Banana acts more like a hair softener.
Olive oil is rich in antioxidants,helping to repair your hair effectively. It is also a hydrating agent for the hair. It forms a protective sheath around it. Another ingredient is avocado. It boosts up hair growth and makes it shiny. Milk nourishes the hair with its protein content and honey helps to bind moisture to the hair.
So these are some effective ingredients you may use to make your personal hair spa cream or mask. Apply the mask and leave it for 20 to 25 minutes. Lastly, wash your hair with a mild shampoo. This way your hair spa treatment for the day is complete.