In medical terms, hair loss is known as Alopecia. Excessive hair loss of hair from scalp due to reasons like illness, genetics, age, and some drugs can be troublesome and often needs serious treatment. Although markets are flooded with different treatments, Homeopathy brings you long-term solution without any side effects. Homeopathy has proved its worth in new hair growth and treating baldness.
Possible Reasons for Hair Loss
- Physical illness/trauma or medication
- Recovery from illness
- Depression and stress
- Changes in hormonal function (before and after childbirth, thyroid imbalance, menopause)
- Genetic factors
- Lack of proper nutrition (deficiency in iron, zinc, vitamin B, omega 3 fatty acids)
- Excessive hair treatments like blow drying, straightening, coloring, teasing, etc.
Common Hair Loss Patterns
- Alopecia Areata – This pattern of hair loss is related to auto immune disease where body’s immune cells attacks the hair cells mistaking them for foreign body resulting in considerable amount of hair loss.
- Androgenetic Alopecia – This pattern of baldness is common to both men and women which happen mainly due to hereditary and hormonal factors.
In men, this is characterized by a receding hairline leading to loss of hair at the temple and crown, whereas in women there is gradual thinning of hair all over the head.
- Alopecia Totalis –In this pattern there is total loss of hair from the entire scalp.
Finding Solutions in Homeopathy
As hair loss takes place due to various complex reasons, it must be treated internally. For almost every form of hair loss, Homeopathy offers you excellent treatments. With routine medication, innumerable people have been known to receive amazing control over their hair related problems.
Homeopathy is an ancient branch of medicine which uses natural sources like herbs and minerals and also involves liberal use of alcoholic tinctures and extracts in the preparation of its doses.
There are quite a few medicines which are often suggested and found effective in treating hair fall.
The following are:-
- Silica – Treats early signs of baldness and early graying.
- Sepia – Treats hair loss due to hormonal problems
- Mezereum – Treats itchy scalp and dandruff
- Graphite – Treats scalp infection, eruption and baldness
- Phosphorus – Treats Alopecia aerata
- Phosphoric acid – Treats gradual thinning and early graying
- Fluoric acid – Treats Alopecia, vertex baldness.
The above suggested medicines are indicative and require customized treatment. When used properly, under physician’s supervision, Homeopathy provides effective hair loss solutions and improves your overall scalp and hair health.